Well the week before Easter, my family was up visiting,…….they left early Saturday morning for Alamo. So Saturday morning around 9 am we headed to the community Easter Egg hunt. It was divided by age, Mat went with Dalia, and I took Mataya and then had Gage too (figured he could walk along with Mataya and I and get an egg or two). Well there were a lot of people there, and when the horn sounded…….the parents all ran out with their kids, even the 4 and 5 year old groups (weird I thought, figured they were old enough to go out and get their own eggs while their parents watched) anyway they literally ran……..so you can imagine I couldn’t put Gage down, and trying to run to help Mataya packing him and being 7 months pregnant…..ya ok. Well poor Maty she would try and go and end up running into some adults backside. It was like a vacuum………..and apparently it was the same in Dalia’s group. According to Mat, Dalia dropped her bag right before the horn sounded and ended up slightly behind……so there was just a wall of adults and kids in front of her and they were a vacuum. Would have been nice to know we were supposed to run out with them…..go figure. Anyway, Maty got 2 eggs and Dalia 1 egg……pretty pathetic. They were devastated of course. But the rest of our day made up for it. Later that day in absolutely perfect weather we went to the park for 2 hours or more. It was wonderful they just ran and ran and played and played.
Rexburg Easter Egg Hunt……Dalia pics are on Mat’s phone.
At the park…..they had so much fun……and the girls ran into some friends from the ward.
These are the only two pictures of Gage that I got from the front the rest of the time the only thing I saw of him was his backside as he wondered, ran, explored and I followed behind.
Then Sunday morning the kids found their Easter baskets……Gage wasn’t too impressed until I opened an egg and he saw the chocolate candy inside, after that he became obsessed and that is almost all he wanted the rest of the day. This year instead of “Easter Dresses” the girls got their very own hard cover Book of Mormon with their name on it and a picture of the Rexburg Temple……along with some candy of course in their basket. They were very excited to take their own scriptures with them to church. We also colored Easter eggs…..and somehow I ended up with no pictures of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment