CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Random

This is just sort of a random post where I'll probably babble on and on about nothing. There isn't tons going on, so there really isn't anything interesting to say. I have to go clothes shopping for Dalia desperately -- she has gone through a growth spurt along with the warm weather so she needs summer attire!!! It is fun getting the clothes because they are cute but not fun because you have to get them which means you have to spend the money no matter what!! I don't think that I ever posted on here, but Mat applied to the Police Department, and he has passed all of his stuff and we are just waiting now to hear how he ranked and when he start post!!! I HATE waiting!! He decided a few months ago, because of other things going on too, that the engineering thing wasn't what was best for him, and now I think he is very excited. So things are going to start getting really busy around here for him. Also on a random thought, I really miss our meal co-op/exchange we had in Spring Creek!! I think I'm going to have to start one down here with some friends. It was so nice to cook once big and walk away with other meals I could take out of the freezer quick when I didn't feel like cooking, being in a hot kitchen, was sick, or it was one of those busy days!!!! It was nice on the budget too!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus, I got a lot of great recipes. Yep, I think I'm going to have to do that!

8 comments:

  1. What Police Department did Mat apply with? My husband is with LVMPD. I know how stressful the waiting is, but it will all be worth it in the end. My last ward did a meal co-op. I miss it so much, they should make them mandatory in all wards :)
    ~Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. He applied to the LVMPD, and yes the waiting is stressful, how long did you guys have to wait? Mandatory meal co-ops would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of it before but it sounds fun and a really good idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a process of about 6 months, that was the testing and the background. If you or Mat have any questions for Lucas or I, let me know. It is a great career, but it takes a lot of commitment, especially for us wives :) Has he done a ride-along? Lucas works graveyard at the Southeast station (on Harmon, by Pearl) Let me know if he wants to do a ride-along with Lucas.
    ~Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did the 6 months include post or just the testing and background check? I'll let Mat know about the ride-along with Lucas and get back to you. Thanks.
    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 6 months was just the testing and all the background stuff. They called me one day and asked for Lucas' size for his academy uniforms. Thats when I knew he made it. Lucas just told me that the process is a lot quicker than when he went through. How long have you guys been waiting? When did Mat finish with all his stuff, lie detector, psych test, all that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of his testing is done except for the polygraph and background which he is scheduled to do June 18th. After that I have no idea how long we will wait to hear -- they had over 500 people apply this last round that they are going through so who knows. Mat does want to go on a ride along with Lucas -- does he just call the department or Lucas personally?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mat just needs to go to the Southeast Station and request a ride along with Lucas Abbott. He works graveyard, Tues-Fri. The Station is on 3675 E. Harmon Ave. I know the waiting is hard, but you'll see once the he does the polygraph and the background, it should go pretty quick. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    ~Mandy

    ReplyDelete