Wednesday, March 4, 2009
What to say . . . . . .
I really am not sure exactly what to say. This past weekend Mat and I sent our girls home with Grandpa and Grandma Wood Friday evening while we did a "date night" -- dinner and basketball games. We went and watched my cousin Melissa, Boulder City Highschool, play Lowery for 3A State semi-finals, and then also our "boyz" Trevor and Lewis, Spring Creek Highschool play Moapa for the 3A semi finals too. It was fun, we got to visit with my Uncle and Aunt and our friend from Spring Creek. The plans after that were to head to Alamo, and then go rock hunting out at Delamare for Cache's headstone, but we heard the news that my cousin Keola's wife Tasche had passed away Thursday evening. So we headed to Alamo, we did go find Cache's headstone -- which my dad hurt his leg trying to help heft it into the back of the jeep -- but then Sunday morning Joni and I and my girls (who were just starting to get over the croup) drove to Boise, ID. What can I say? Family is amazing!!!! It was amazing to be up there together with all of them. Yes it was wonderful to see everyone and hopefully it won't be so long until we see them again, but it was more than that -- unexplainable. Keola is, I want to say "strong", but I know he probably doesn't feel that way -- their brandnew twin boys are beautiful and very loved. The funeral was Monday and then we left later Tuesday and drove back to Vegas and got in late last night (with still sick girls). It was a "what can I say . . . . " kind of weekend. Love my Idaho FAM!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We love you, too. And we'll love you even MORE when you and Joni move here....
ReplyDeleteI just read about this on Trudi's blog. What a hard situation. Glad you were able to make it up for the funeral.
ReplyDeleteglad you were able to go up for that!
ReplyDeleteIt was nice to see you and your adorable little girls. The extended fam support was so nice!
ReplyDelete